Search DtsArt Blog

click to visit www.dtsart.com

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

MyGrafico Challenge No # 58 Summer Sweetie Girl: Relax On The Beach


Hi Dandi Crafters! Come'n at you with another MyGrafico Challenge. This week the Design Team and I used Summer Sweet Girl Stamps from digi stamp designer Dilek Design Studio. Be sure to check out all the projects from all design team members over at the My Grafico Challenge Blog. I also entered this card in Wee Memories Challenge #14 Summer Fun


I am real happy with the way this card turned out. I didn't have any sand beach type paper to speak of so I had to improvise on this card, BIG TIME!! LOL.


I had plain ol beige card stock paper to work with to make my sand effect. SNOOZE, BORING!!! But I fixed it up. I grabbed one of those tiny spritzer bottles you buy at the craft store, added about 1/4 to 1/2 full of water. Then I added some acrylic paint that I had handy. I used a copper bronze color, that had a bit of shimmer to it already. The exact color isn't important as you will probably want to use a color to your liking, not mine. LOL  I then added Liquitex iridescent medium and shook it all together. I then sprayed it on the front of the card. I didn't want any big blobs so I made sure to hold it a good distance, about 2 1/2 feet away from the card as I sprayed. I also used a tissue and blotted off any spray mist that I felt was too big of a spot for the project. I wanted it to look like glimmering sand on the beach. As you can see it really added something to the card.

I colored the digital stamps on my computer. I had some cute striped digital paper that I had made sometime ago that I thought was rather beachy in color so I used that re-sized for the chair. I then repeated the paper in it's original size to add a slash of color to the sand. Along with the striped paper I made some blue tiny heart bubbles paper. How CUTE is that paper for water, yea I thought so too! LOL The ocean is cut from the Cricut Cartridge Paper Doll Dress Up, page 78, Accessories 2, with shift applied. The clouds are from Cricut Cartridge Create A Critter, page 55,Phrase, with shift applied. I then embossed the scalloped accent strip, the beach ball and clouds with various cuttlebug embossing folders. I used Sure Cuts Alot, SCAL, to cute the scalloped accent strip, and the word Relax. Relax was cut out in the font Susa Regular. That is a ROCK'N font that is PERFECT to be cut as is in SCAL.

14 comments:

Amanda said...

What a fun card... I love the colors you used..

Amanda:0)

DtsArt said...

Awe!
THANKS :-)

Tammylee said...

You really did a great job on this chalenge!

Ladybuglair75 said...

Beautiful! Thanks for being so detailed in your blog about how you did stuff and what you used. Great job on the sand...I bet that took awhile. :)

Tazza said...

WoW! Great card!!! I do love the shimmer effect of the sand , your so crafty ! LOL
I love the papers you made especially the bubble hearts paper.. how cute! I loved the sentiment too.. Gosh you guys are going to keep me on my toes !

Lynn's Place said...

wonderful take on the image tfs

Trinh said...

Great card! Love the sand you created and the papers you used.

Jovita AKA Tia Goofy said...

such a great card, really makes me what to relax.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Cute card, Dardy! Seems like my comment post from yesterday, didn't show up!

Michelle said...

I like the way you made the sand. I would never thought you did it with water and paint. Great Card

Pink Cricut Mom said...

Very sweet card! :O)

Unknown said...

Love the color combination you selected. Nice Job.

Jenny said...

Very cute. Thanks for playing my challenge at Wee Memories, http://suchins.blogspot.com. A new challenge was posted yesterday :) Hope you can play again!! Hugs :) :) :)

Lolliscraps said...

I am relaxed just looking at your card. Great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails