Search DtsArt Blog

click to visit www.dtsart.com

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Just Like Real ~ Play Disney Princess Checks


Hi Dandi Crafters. Awhile ago when we were discussing ideas for gift idea for the kids in our family. It came up that my niece really liked to play with her mommy's and Nana's checks. I thought it would be fun to get her some checks of her own. I looked high and low on the Internet, in stores,everywhere. There just wasn't that many out there. I tried buying them from those places that print check but turns out they will not print checks without you submitting a check from your bank account. I found a FEW check aimed at children to play with but they were beyond ugly. I needed something CUTE. After searching high and low I came to the conclusion that I would just have to make my own. I can do this right, after all I am a graphics designer. I had several images of princesses, from coloring books I had purchased over time on my many trips to Disney World. I just turned them into digital stamps and colored them. I referred to my checks for the size and then made the rest up using both real and made up information, mostly made up. LOL
When I was visiting with her the other day and she mentioned she was all out of checks and would really like some more. I had everything from the first time I made them. I just updated her info and sent some more off to her.
The checks are just darling in person. I even made a check book cover and check registry. I made 100 checks. I printed 3 checks per 8.5x11 sheet of paper. There are 6 different style princess checks, Aurora, Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, Jasmine, and Belle.

 I used my cricut assisted with Make the Cut software to cut out each check. I tried having the cricut cut the perforations needed to tear the checks out however I have a cutterpede that perforates. I found that I could perforate them faster in my manual perforater and I preferred the results too. Although there was nothing wrong with the job the cricut was doing. It just took longer for the cricut to perforate each check then cut it. If it just cut each check it went fast, as did the hand perforating. I left just short of a .25 inches at the top of each check so I could staple them. I have a heavy duty stapler that will staple up to 160 pages. Each book of checks has 50 check. I used a Manila folder to cut out the backing of the check. I also used white Duck Duct Tape to cover each book of checks so they looked more finished.

I used a plastic hand calendar cover to make the check book holder.

You know you have to keep track of the checks you write so I made a little registry for it. It was easy really just some lines on a paper.

They are beyond cute. She will be happy to get the checks in mail, but yet who isn't happy when checks come in the mail. LOL

6 comments:

Nubian Crafter said...

OMG, this is too cute!! My kids would love something like this. TFS

Raven said...

Oh those are so cute. I can see why she likes her "checks".

Would you consider sharing with us?

karen said...

Oh WOW - these are adorable! I have two daughters that would love these!!!!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful idea.
Karen

Word Nerd said...

These are SO cute! One lucky niece :-)

Christina Hicks said...

That is just the cutest most imaginative gift for a child I have ever seen. I cannot believe you made these checks.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for linking up with the Frog last week! It means so much to me! I hope you will join the party tomorrow! Plus, I am giving you the Versitile Blogger Award so stop by and check it out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails