Search DtsArt Blog

click to visit www.dtsart.com

Sunday, February 13, 2011

UpCycled Spool Trinket Box

Hi Dandi Crafters, I am here with another up cycled spool project for Sugar Sweet Paper Treats. February's challenge is to make a box. I have so many, many cereal boxes in my craft room that I wanted to use some of those. The next thing I have a lot of is empty spools that vinyl comes on. I cut down a vinyl spool to about 2½ inches; paper flying, glue flying, ribbon cutting, dust flying, and Voilà I have an up cycled box! LOL My daughter needed a small box to put her daily rings and necklaces in when she is sleeping, so this is my solution.

The cute little music box image is from The Stamping Boutique. It was free for signing up for their newsletter. There is a free stamp in every newsletter, so be sure to sign up for the newsletter on the blog.You don't want to miss another issue.

I just took my vinyl spool and cut it down from about 12 inches to 2½. I then I used my MTC assisted Cricut to cut out cereal boxes at 4 inches in the cute scalloped circle pattern. I covered everything inside and out with decorative paper, added some ribbon and finally the digital stamp.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Dardi, Your trinket box is just awesome! I love it and you did a beautiful job with the new image! Happy Sunday! Happy Creating! Sara

Lori said...

Wow...that is just beautiful!!

Heide said...

Dardi,
This turned out beatuiful, I am sure you daughter loves it. Great job with the new image.

Related Posts with Thumbnails