Search DtsArt Blog

click to visit www.dtsart.com

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

MyGrafico Challenge No # 66: Wild Wild West Little Buckaroo Card

Hi Dandi Crafters! Today over at the MyGrafico Challenge Blog we have wild challenge for you, Wild West Challenge that is. Today's challenge is to use some metal and our inspiration are these wild papers and stamp quotes:



The Design Team members and I used Western Bandana Papers by Cupcake Cuties. We also worked with a Wild West Stamps by Tainted Sweets. Be sure to check out all the designers at MyGrafico.

I don't have alot of metal for crafting. If I looked around I probably have more than I think I have, but when someone says, "Use metal", I don't think, "Oh I have lots of that." What I always have is aluminum foil and last time I took chemistry that was a metal...LOL Don't believe me stick it in the microwave.
Disclaimer: (Please don't really stick it in the microwave. It is dangerous. The disclaimer is there in case a moron happens by my blog. LOL hehehe) I glued some aluminum foil to card stock and cut the aluminum card stock out using my cricut. I made the sherrif's badge up on the fly, cutting it out using SCAL. The circle is just a shape that SCAL has in it. Next I ran it through the cuttlebug machine using the Perfectly Paisley embossing folder to give it some way fun texture. Wow did that liven up the aluminum card stock. I took the circle and stamped some ink on it. That was a fun effect. I then printed off some gingham card stock and ran it through the crimper. To me bandanna and gingham just go together. I have tons of gingham colors sitting on my computer. I don't buy gingham paper because gingham paper has to be the right size for each project or it looks out of place in a hurry and, two because gingham is so easy to make in whatever color you need it is really a waste of money to buy it unless of course it comes in a stack of paper. Lastly I used the cute little buckaroo stamp. Since it was a digital stamp, I dirted up the background with some grunge brushes I had. After printing it, I cut out the sentiment with the cuttlebug using the celebration stamps that came with it.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

just amazing.

Ladybuglair75 said...

That's aluminum foil? No way! :) I don't have much metal around either...so I'm going to have to remember that trick! It turned out awesome!

Tazza said...

So Love the badge! LOL... Great idea to glue it to the cardstock before you tired to use it! LOL... I prob would have just tried it by itself and been thoughly disgusted with myself... =D
Great card this week!

Jovita AKA Tia Goofy said...

wow!!! love the badge!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Dardi, your aluminium foil came out so great! Awesome card!

Trinh said...

Love the badge you created, Dardi! Great job!

Lynn's Place said...

Dardi like how you did the star guess I will get it to work on MTC...all so new to me TFS

Unknown said...

Cute card layout and very creative.

Related Posts with Thumbnails