Search DtsArt Blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

MyGrafico Challenge No # 59 Slumber Party Stamp : A Little Bird Told Me Cardi

Hi Dandi Crafters! It is time to wake up and see the glitter! LOL Today's happenings over at MyGrafico is a darling challenge that you will definitely have trouble slumbering through! This cute little Slumber Party/ Sleepover Digital Stamp set by Zen Ware Designs was just so much fun to use! Be sure to check the stamps out and pop over to the MyGrafico Blog Spot and check out the challenges over there and join the fun. If your feeling a bit chatty be sure to jump in and chat with everyone in the MyGrafico Community.


I had lots of fun with this little stamp. I entered the card in the following challenges:
Crafty Card Makers: Challenge #26 Joy's Recipe. This challenged was to use stickers or punches, the color orange or yellow, and include an animal or fish.
Wild Orchid Challenges : Lovely Lace. In this challenge participants were to use lace, real, stamped, punched, or paper.
Digital Tuesday Challenge : Challenge #69 Dazzle Me. The key elements to include in this challenge are to use a digital stamp, and to use glittery, sparkly or bling in your creation.
Creative Inspiration: Challenge #71 Animals. In this challenge participants are to incorporate an animal.

Now to explore the creative process of this card.At first, like what seems to be the usual with me, I was perplexed what to do... what to do with it. Then it hit me. Look at that pose! She definitely looks like a Dr. Doolittle type to me and who doesn't love being kept in the loop with a little gossip. So it hit me what she really needs is a sweet, little, glittering, gossiping bird to share secrets with! The swirly paper was again, say it with me," a paper I had made a while back and was sitting on my computer" Hey I heard that.... and,"YES as a matter of fact I do have a TON of papers sitting around on my computer. I would guestimate that I have oh around 300-500 paper on my computer that I have made. I have been drawing on the computer for about 10 year!! I have a HUGE back up disc that is almost full AGAIN of stuff that I have drawn...LOL
Ok but back to the subject, the green is just some green cards stock that I took a Martha Stewart punch to. I really like that punch. I use it a lot.  The little ring of the purple polka dotted paper, yes more paper I made, is from the Cricut Cartridge Create A Critter page 43, phrase button, and the little white circle is the same cut but with shift applied.
The font used to print out A little Bird is Memoir. The told me is Gentle Redhead Font.


So do you want to know what the little birdie told me...
It told me I should use more glitter on the inside...LOL and it was your birthday.... how cute is that little gift all glittered up!
The little talk bubble is again, Create A Critter page 60, the phrase button, and shift applied. Oh the present is just a wonderful Cricut Cut. It is from, LOL, Create A Critter page 57, the Accessory Button for the main gift, and use the same button with shift applied to get the bow for the gift. The fonts use on the inside, Monetery BT for It's your and Mon Amour Script with  swashes and ligatures applied for Birthday.
I am really loving the glitter paste so easy to make, to apply, and no 3 days later glitter shed! I hate glitter shed days later! I really like how it gives it a dimensional effect when it drys! I talked about how the glitter paste is achieved in this post here.


Thanks Dandi Crafters for stopping by again and crafting along

20 comments:

Jennifer said...

SUPER CUTE!!!!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Love the dress,Dardi. Very sparkly! :)

Amber (bambi64) said...

Love the surprise on the inside! Cute card.

Tammylee said...

Love it and love the sentiments you used.

Rhonda Emery said...

this is so cute

Jovita AKA Tia Goofy said...

love her sparkly dress!! very cute.

Ladybuglair75 said...

Amazing and sparkly! Love it! And I love reading your creative process...thanks!

Tazza said...

Great card, I must read up on the glitter paste.. I keep hearing about it but I love stickles and I'm lazy! lol...

angel4031 said...

Sooo Cute!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Creative Inspirations x x x

Anneke said...

Cute card!
Thanks for joining us at digital tuesday challenge :)
Greetings Anneke

Larisa said...

very cute, love it!

Trinh said...

This is adorable, Dardi! Love the inside too!

coldwaters2 said...

What a lot of lovely sparkles on this cute card love the image fab work thank you for sharing it with us at Digital Tuesday this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Michelle said...

I love the color and the glitter. Adorable Card

stampinlynn said...

So glittery cute tfs

Jack said...

What a cute little stamp and so sparkly. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

Scrappy Girl said...

Loved your project, team member.
8-)

stephanne said...

Awwww, such a tweet, I mean sweet card!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations this week!!
Stephanne

Josephine said...

Such a cute card.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

Phred said...

so Cute

Glad you joined us at Crafty Cardmakers

Lv toria

Related Posts with Thumbnails